Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teenagers and a Lesson from Jacob

I have talked about Katie Davis, founder of Amazima Ministries before in a previous blog post. She is so inspiring to me.  Well, this week, she had a blog post that was really wonderful and I wanted to share it with you.

This past week, my daughter "became" a teenager and we celebrated her 13th birthday.  Katie's blog post was titled "Teenagers and a Lesson from Jacob." So, the article made me interested in what she had to say about teenagers.  After reading her post, talk about being humbled.    In our culture, when a child turns 13 and becomes a teenager, we joke with each other and say things like "Oh watch out, you have a teenager now!"  Katie is the mom to three teenage girls with an entirely different set of circumstances.  She is a single mother that has adopted like 14 kids!  This article isn't just about the difficulties of raising a teenager, it's about the heart of adoption.

Here is a quote from her article:


I hope you will take the time to read her blog post and pray for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Leaving Your Comments! May God Bless You!