Friday, April 9, 2010

Words of the Day from Herbert the Snail

I grew up listening to some pretty fun music.  There was this record I had by Agapeland Music and the song was "Have Patience" by Herbert the Snail.  Here's a Clip of the Song

This week I am having to really remind myself to be PATIENT!  For some reason today, this song popped into my head.  Wow, that was like 25 or 30 years ago that I listened to this song. Enjoy this fun song and you'll find the full lyrics below.  Now that I have gone down memory lane, I may have to buy this CD! 


Patience (Herbert The Snail)

There was a snail called Herbert
Who was so very slow
He caused a lot of traffic jams
Wherever he would go
The ants were always getting mad
The beetles they would fume
But Herb would only poke along and
Sing this little tune

Chorus: (slow voice)
Have patience, have patience
Don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient
You only start to worry
Remember, remember
That God is patient, too
And think of all the
Times when others
Have to wait for you

When Herbert was much younger
He often got in trouble
Forgetting that he was a snail
He did things on the double
He'd crash through every spider web
With crickets he'd collide
Till one day Herbert's father took
His speeding son aside

Chorus: (slow deep voice)
Have patience, have patience
Don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient
You only start to worry
Remember, remember
That God is patient, too
And think of all the
Times when others
Have to wait for you

As you can well imagine
There's a moral to this tale
Some of you may find your selves
Behnd a creeping snail
So if you're impatient and
You're easily disturbed
Think about this little song
And take a tip from Herb

Chorus:
Have patience, have patience
Don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient
You only start to worry
Remember, remember
That God is patient, too
And think of all the
Times when others
Have to wait for you

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have been singing the chorus of that song to my kids lately. But, I couldn't remember the rest of the lyrics. So glad that you put it out here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Leaving Your Comments! May God Bless You!